no results for .
- What's New?
- User Interface
- Status Bar
- Game Link
- Export Data
- Built-in Scripts
- API Reference
- Standard Library
- Interface Toolkit
- Technical Reference
NOTE: Grid Cartographer 4 now requires a 64-bit operating system.
NOTE: Map files created by this version will not open in previous versions of the software.
- ADDED: Scripting Engine (powered by Squirrel)
- ADDED: File > Export Data menu supports scripts. The example provided exports the current tile map floor as a simple .CSV file.
- ADDED: Console window. Open using the new button in the bottom-right on the status bar, or press the 'console' key above the TAB key ("~" on a US keyboard).
- ADDED: Console runs a basic command processor. Type HELP to list available commands.
- ADDED: Scroll the console using the mouse wheel.
- ADDED: File > Scripts menu. Has buttons to open the new "User Scripts" and "File Store" folders.
- ADDED: New Mesh exporter. Now includes progress bar during export.
- ADDED: Mesh co-ordinate compatibility modes for 3D Editors, Unity or Unreal Engine. Unreal mode auto-scales up from cm to meters.
- ADDED: Mesh options to create materials/sub-meshes per colour, per edge style and/or per terrain type. Alternatively you can turn it all off and have one material for the whole mesh.
- ADDED: Exported meshes now have vertex normals.
- ADDED: Concealed door style options to Publish Image > Filters > "Dungeon Master Tools". Choose from two door styles (or use a wall) to replace one-ways, traps, etc.
- ADDED: Publish image now has a progress bar.
- CHANGED: Tighter bound on image export of square floors using a single tile border, regardless of map.
- FIXED: Mesh export will not write an .OBJ or .MTL file if there were no polygons generated (empty floor).
- FIXED: Marker colour tinting not working on hex 'V' maps.
- FIXED: Don't show tool options panel for the eraser on a tile map.
- ADDED: Fog-of-War (default shortcut: F) tile effect. Cover areas of the map with an impenetrable fog. Select fog style in the Setup > Theme menu.
- ADDED: Game Link assistant features. When a game is detected a message box will appear to offer to enable split screen and to create a new compatible map. Both options can be disabled from the Options > "Game Link" menu.
- ADDED: New Setup > Theme menu.
- ADDED: Setup > Theme has a new option 'Apply theme change to all regions' which makes global theme changes easy.
- ADDED: Remember last selected theme and apply to any future new maps (not tile maps)
- ADDED: Interface option to enable/disable restoring of split-screen on start-up. Off by default now. See Options > Interface > "Layout Settings".
- ADDED: Support for the avatar marker going into and out of a 'no facing' state when Game Link requests it.
- ADDED: New theme "White Blueprint"
- ADDED: Game Link profiles for "Wizardry IV" and "Wizardry 7" [DOS]. Massive thanks to Grauken for creating these!
- ADDED: Very early Game Link profile for the first "The Bard's Tale" [DOS]. Only the starting "Skara Brae" map is supported.
- ADDED: Support for the German version of "Wizardry 6" [DOS] and for versions modified by the Cosmic Forge mod/patcher. Thanks Grauken!
- ADDED: Game Link user profiles folder, to make creating your own profiles easier.
- ADDED: Harvest Plant marker. A flower to indicate some important herb or petal can be obtained.
- ADDED: Doorway marker. A non-directional door that fills a tile.
- ADDED: Floor > Clean > Fog-of-war. Quickly remove all fog from the current floor.
- CHANGED: Clipboard buffers are now (mostly) preserved when loading a map or starting a new one. Now only custom tiles are removed from the buffer - this allows copying areas from one map file to another again, as in v4.0.2 and earlier.
- CHANGED: Tweaked the "Plain Gray" theme for standard map use.
- CHANGED: "Forgotten Realms: Unlimited Adventures" now centers the floor when starting a module.
- CHANGED: Mesh export uses 1 tile = 1 unit scale (previous versions used 1:32 scale). Unreal Engine mode automatically scales from cm to meters.
- CHANGED: Allow File menu keyboard shortcuts to work within full screen menus (e.g. load, save, export)
- CHANGED: Updated the pentagram marker graphic.
- CHANGED: Tweaked colours used on the brush overlay in 'Blue on White' theme.
- CHANGED: Removed avatar facing from world map in Pool of Radiance.
- CHANGED: Clearer theme selection buttons.
- CHANGED: Removed the 'beta' update mode - it was never used.
- CHANGED: Apply corrective nudging to the map when changing grid origin.
- CHANGED: Redrawn the entrance and exit door markers.
- FIXED: Pressing the 'new square grid map' shortcut key (default: CTRL+N) was not correctly initialising the new map.
- FIXED: Dissolve effect on "CGA" theme was broken in v4.0.3
- FIXED: "Forgotten Realms: Unlimited Adventures" wasn't setting up the grid correctly when starting a module (missing clip flag).
- FIXED: Updated to libpng 1.6.28 (Windows & macOS only)
- FIXED: Updated to zlib 1.2.11
- FIXED: More strings moved to the localisation files.
- FIXED: Typo when disabling display of note marks.
- FIXED: Some misaligned areas in "Wizardry 6" [DOS]. Thanks Grauken!
- FIXED: Severe menu glitch on the Setup > Grid page when "Axis Values" was switched off and the application window was narrow.
- CHANGED: Now built with Visual Studio 2017.
macOS & Linux
- ADDED: Custom FPS limiter. Add "-limit-fps #.#" to the command line (where # is a floating point number from 1 to 999). Default is equivalent to "-limit-fps 60". Use 0 to disable.
- CHANGED: Now built with Clang/LLVM 3.8 on Linux Mint 18.1
- FIXED: Reduced CPU usage. My system benefits from disabling the vsync option in the NVidia settings. YMMV.
- FIXED: Detect HiDPI mode and scale the UI rendering (uses value returned by 'gdk_window_get_scale_factor', typically x2).
- FIXED: If setting vsync on fails with one GL extension, try one of the others (glXSwapIntervalEXT -> glXSwapIntervalMESA -> glXSwapIntervalSGI)